After we’ve created the Part 1 of our series, we’re done with Login using Github. Now, let’s proceed to Login with Google, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Important! Before you proceed, make sure you’ve executed the first part of the series.
Login using Google
1. Login to your google account.
3. From the sidemenu, click Credentials, and then click Create Credentials button. After that, select OAuth Client ID.
4. Enter the hostname(domain name) and the redirect URL.
5. After saving, Copy the Client ID and the Client Secret ID.
6. Paste the ClientID and Secret ID into your
Login using LinkedIn
1. Login to linkedin.com website.
2. Go to https://www.linkedin.com/developers/
3. To create a linkedin app, go to https://www.linkedin.com/developers/apps/new.
4. Enter the necessary credentials and submit the form.
5. Just like what we did in google and github, we also have to configure the redirects and copy the client ID and secret ID.
6. Lastly, copy the client ID and secret ID and paste to your
Login using Facebook
1. Login to your facebook account.
2. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps url.
3. Create your APP ID.
4. Submit the needed data. Make sure that you put the correct entry in App Domain. During development, you can put localhost, but during production, you should change it according to your domain name.
5. Enter the site URL like we did in other social sites.
If you’re running on production(real domain), it’s okay to turn the status on.
6. Copy and paste the Client ID and Secret ID into the
Try to test if this working.
Go to http://localhost:8000/login and click the buttons.
I hope you’re able to login using these social media accounts. If you have any problem with this tutorial, don’t hesitate to comment below.